Thursday, October 6, 2011

Prezi: PowerPoint with pizzazz?

Prezi is awesome, isn't it? You can create twists and turns, zoom in or zoom out, create interesting paths for your audience to follow as you wow them with quotes in parentheses and tiny little asides in the dot of an I.

Perhaps it's my visual learning style that's getting in the way, but when I watch a Prezi, I find that I'm distracted by all the bells and whistles. I start trying to predict where the Prezi will spin to next, and lose focus on what the presentation is actually trying to say.

Perhaps I need to play around with it a little more and get to know some more features. Or maybe you can help. Other than the fancy animation, what can Prezi do that PowerPoint can't?

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Nancy; I've seen a few of the Prezi's that got my head spinning. Too much, too swirly, (and a little squirely). The good news is that the complexity or simplicity of a Prezi is totally up to the designer of the presentation. I played around with it for several days. And I admit, mine is a bit simplistic. But I found I was able to get my message across with the least amount of curling & swirling. I enjoyed doing it and will continue to play with Prezi. I think it has great potential of adding a little movement, lots of variety and no confusion, as long as I am careful to 'keep it simple!'. Keep on wanderin'!

    ReplyDelete