Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On writing

In a post from Week 2, Mark Thornhill writes:

I authored a blog a few years ago and I feverishly kept it up thinking that I was doing the universe a service by keeping everyone informed of my whimsy and then it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, nobody was paying attention . . So that blog experience kind of died.

In response, Lisa said:

I decided that I was blogging for me.

I totally agree. If we write so that others will read it, we are writing for the wrong audience. But if you have something to say, why not say it, regardless if anyone's listening. Who knows, you might be writing to your future self.

A great website to help get the words flowing: http://750words.com/

(Apologies, Mark, for not posting directly on your blog. Edublogs is blocked in China.)

No comments:

Post a Comment